Friday, February 23, 2007

Went for a run and realized I'm not a runner

Well, the snow is melting and I have obligations that take me away from the weekend's ski race -- the Birkie (well, the Birkie isn't really a race this year anyway due to a lack of snow) so I went out for a couple of little jogs this week. I haven't really been running at all this winter because of the great snow so it felt a little rough. On Wednesday I got to run along Lake Michigan as I was at my sister's house in Two Rivers. It was cool seeing the waves frozen in place. The weather forecast seems to be offering the promise of more snow so maybe I'll get some more skiing in before I transition to biking. And yes, I do realize that is a sacrilegious statement on a bicycle blog!! However, my last bike race was in mid-December so I don't feel any rush for winter to be over.

Renee

No comments: