Thursday, April 19, 2007

...Or not...

… I definitely did NOT suck wheel well enough for Tuesday’s ride. I got my butt handed to me on my Monday ride with a few members of my husband’s team as we headed for some hills, and of course feeling tired on Tuesday, had it handed to me again. Luckily there were a few of us willing to do some “alternate” riding and broke off a little – I certainly don’t like holding up those at the front of the pack – you deserve to go fast! Of course, you have to laugh, in biker style, Tuesday’s night ride was described as a few “rolling hills” and my current definition at this fitness level is a little ways off from what a “few rolling hills” should be. *Sigh*, so much practice to get in, so little time. In the words of poet Robert Frost – “Miles to ride before I sleep…” (I think he must have done 24-9!).

Renée V., still trying to catch a wheel

No comments: