Sunday, June 10, 2007

WEMS - John Muir

Lots of FORCs out racing at the WEMS race at John Muir. We had Amelia rockin' the 6 hour solo. Barb and Amy A. did a 6 hour duo as did Kathy and Berlie. Shannon was doing the 6 hour duo (and baby exchange) with Dean. Melissa and I were doing the 3 hour solo. A great showing on an awesome day to be out on the bike.

Everyone looked great! It was awesome to have teammates to keep my motivation high for the whole 3 hours.

Highlights for me include - a guy riding behind me telling me how good my skills were (see I'm not a roadie), getting some desperately need swigs of coke from former FORC Sonia, the cheers when I came through the start/finish which kept me going, and the fact that I had a whole lot more fun that I ever realized that I would.

Thanks for the support, the camaraderie and the good times! Anyone take any photos??? We need some photos on the blog.

Renee

No comments: